To best determine an individual’s current status in his/her career planning continuum, YWCA staff utilize a number of formal and informal career planning tools and assessments. The following are some examples of these tools:
- Self Inventory for Job Skills: self management, functional, work content skills; administered one on one with Job Developer;
- WISCareers: interest inventory and transferrable skills; http://www.wiscareers.wisc.edu/Default.asp
- Test of Adult Basic Education (TABE): reading and math skill level; administered in group setting with Assessment Specialist;
- Proveit! Analytical Skills-Analytical Reasoning: evaluates cognitive skills traditionally considered as analytical; administered in group setting with Assessment Specialist;
- Proveit! Basic Reading Comprehension-Reading for Information: basic reading comprehension that examines ability to draw important information from written material; administered in group setting with Assessment Specialist;
- Proveit! Job title assessments: with more than 700 job titles available, this tool rates the individual’s competency level on a given job compared to a national average of employees doing the job currently.