Workforce Development Programs
Development Bridge Training Program
The Talent Development Bridge Training Program is a customizable curriculum delivered in two parts: Career Readiness Training and Pre-Vocational Training.
Career Readiness Training provides job seekers with the following competencies identified as important to employers:
- Complete work accurately, on time, and to a high standard;
- Work in teams to achieve mutual goals and objectives;
- Follow work-related rules and regulations;
- Demonstrate willingness to work and show initiative;
- Display responsible behaviors at work, including avoiding absenteeism and demostrating promptness.
Pre-Vocational Training Exposes participants to industry sectors through one–on–one structured vocation specific curriculum demonstrating an increased benefit for job seekers to rapidly increase literacy skills and prepare for advanced training programs or direct job placement. Currently, the YWCA offers pre-vocational training in CNA, carpentry, childcare, clerical, customer service, cooking & baking, construction & carpentry, electronics, light industrial, mechanics, metal trades and welding. Pre-vocational training programs can be customized based on specific employer and industry needs.
Career Development Services
The YWCA's Career Development Specialists assist job seekers with obtaining employment, job retention, increased wages and career development.
- Comprehensive and specialized assesments
- Basic skills instruction
- GED credential
- Individual counseling and career planning
- Access to support services
- Short, occupation-specific training
- On-the-job training
- Upgrading or retraining skills